Monday, January 13, 2014

Grilled Green Beans, George Foreman Style

I love grilled Asparagus, however I always seem to crave it in the dead of winter.  The problem here is, one, they are out of season in the winter and extremely hard to find.  And two, because I don't want to stand outside over my grill and freeze my tushy off (unless it's for steak).

Fast forward to grilled green beans, inside, with George. Problem Solved.


Ingredients
  • Fresh Green Beans ( I normally only get a half pound but I am only cooking for two)
  • 2 Slices of Bacon
  • Quarter of an Onion (your choice)
  • Minced or chopped garlic
  • Oil (vegatable, olive, ext)
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:

1. Preheat George Foreman Grill to 300 F
2. Chop bacon into inch size bits. Cut onions to preferred size
3. Place both the bacon and onions on George Foreman Grill, leaving the top open

4. Wash Green Beans and cut off ends. Toss with oil and about a tablespoon of the garlic. Some of the garlic may burn off, so we will add more as the green beans cook.
5. Add green beans to grill with bacon and onions. 
6. Toss and stir occasionally leaving grill open. I used tongs and tossed ingredients about every five minutes while the rest of my dinner was prepared and cooked. Add garlic ass needed and to taste.  I love garlic. Probably used about a 1/8 to 1/4 of a cup.
7.  Cook green beans down to desired texture, I believe most people prefer theirs with just a hint of crunch.
8. The last three minutes or so, I closed the grill to give the beans the nice grill marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment